50 Shades of Infill
This custom deck of cards features the world of development projects, both residential and commercial, available to a small-scale developer. The entire set is 1-3 stories and intended for small lot intensification through additions, conversions, or redevelopment. This deck is calibrated to US building code.
- Architects use these cards as a teaching tool
- Planners use these as a public engagement tool
- Aspiring developers use these for project planning
- 50 unique cards with instructions
- Fronts contain project profiles, backs contain project specs
- Sorted into 6 suits: House Hacks, Commercial Incubation, Middle Housing, Neighborhood Node, Compact Singles, and Creative Combinations
For a quick video demo, click here.
Free shipping on orders over $100 USD. Flat Rate $7.90 for orders under $100 across continental US. Shipping to the US takes 6-10 business days.
We do not offer returns on this product at this time.
STEP is an acronym for:
Small enough for local people to develop and own. Smallness makes these buildings more affordable to build and lease. STEP projects bring homes and businesses close together so people can walk to their daily needs.
STEP Cards show us how neighborhoods can learn. They depict the many life-stages of a home or business, and how places can evolve to changing needs and conditions.
These are working buildings that earn an income. They don’t rely on speculative gains. STEP projects are resilient and generative because they can pay for their own maintenance and adaptation. Entrepreneurial people spearhead these projects by finding creative ways to fill gaps in their market and neighborhood.
STEP projects are brought to life by local people who ask themselves, “What does this neighborhood need? What’s the next smallest step?” Purposeful projects like this make a place feel loved and handmade.